1. Get a set of 3x5 index cards and a large ring for them.
2. Punch holes on upper left hand corner of cards
2. Side one: glossary term
3. Side two: 1. definition 2. example 3. sentence using the word
4. Practice studying them:
a. first in order
b. then mix them up, i.e. one word and example; then, another word and definition
5. Practice all of the list, even when it's not on the upcoming test so that you become fluent (ready) with all the terminology.
6. REMEMBER - THE PURPOSE OF GLOSSARY TERMS IS TO BE ABLE TO APPLY THEM AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE - WHILE READING, WRITING,
DISCUSSING, AND ARGUING.
7. DO THIS AND ALL YOUR SCORES WILL RISE!
8. TAKE THEM EVERYWHERE - TO GAMES, BAND PRACTICES, DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENTS, BABYSITTING. FIND YOURSELF BORED?
STUDY YOUR CARDS!
9. PRACTICE WITH A FRIEND - TEXT QUESTIONS TO EACH OTHER! IM QUESTIONS TO EACH OTHER...MAKE UP YOUR OWN TRICKY QUESTIONS
SO YOU HAVE TO THINK!!!